Last week the latest results of the HR Outlook Survey were released by the CIPD; so what came out as the top priority for HR professionals? It turns out worrying about longer-term people issues and in particular leadership and talent development is keeping them awake at night.
With almost a fifth saying they don’t know what the role of HR is, it’s time HR becomes a stronger focus in organisations with performance management taking the leading role.
So what can Cascade do for you?
- Reviews: using workflow triggers Line Managers can set reviews dates with their team, and date triggers will automatically remind them; whether they chose them to be annually or monthly etc.
- Setting objectives: screen designer allows you to create forms with objectives relative to your organisation. When the employee has completed this, they then submit it to their Line Manager/ HR for review. The Line Manager can then rate the employee against their objectives, and leave comments – and all this will be saved against the employee’s record, whether this be Line Managers or individuals.
- HR Reporting: HR Managers/Admin can run reports based on the objective ratings; where they can choose to evaluate particular departments, managers, or even see who the top performers are within the company.
- Skills searching: Cascade offers a comprehensive skills and competency matrix. Skills and competencies can be stored against the employee’s record and also against the job.
- Skills matching: Cascade allows you to perform skills matching for example if someone is required to fill in a job role to cover maternity leave, you can select required competencies and it retrieves everyone who is suitable for the role, showing you if they are 100% fit or still have some areas that need developing.
Want to take it a step further?
- Succession planning: if an employee wants to progress into a new role or build on competencies that would benefit their current role, a Personal Development Plan (PDP) can be created.
- Training plan: employees and Line Managers can together look at what competencies are related to a specific job title, perhaps following a review and then include this in a training plan. Employees can then request to go on the appropriate training courses.
- HR Managers/Admin are then able to schedule the training courses and the Outlook diary integration picks up any clashes against the person who may be booked onto the course.
- Workflow triggers and mail merge can be incorporated with the planning/booking/cancelling of courses and will send out any information such as directions.
- When the course is completed, the employees’ training plan is automatically updated, including CPD hours and the training budget amended.
- Evaluation forms can be sent out following course completion to the delegates and these forms are configurable to suit what you require. Many of our clients will send an evaluation immediately after the course is complete and follow up three months after to evaluate the relevance and if the course has provided skills required for the role.
To find out more information about our modules click here. Or if you want to see the software for yourself book a FREE demonstration today.